Walt Mankowski on Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:47:23 -0500

Re: [PLUG] LWE

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 10:01:48PM -0500, Rupert Heesom wrote:
> BTW, what dresscode do people usually go in?  I'm convinced jeans etc is
> probably what everyone is going to wear, but my girlfriend suggests that
> for "networking" I should wear smart casual.

It depends who you want to network with.  The developers will be
wearing jeans and penguin t shirts.  The folks manning the booths will
be wearing khakis and logoed golf shirts.  The news media will be
wearing suits.

My one suggestion would be to dress in layers.  Last year it was about
15 degrees the day I went up.  I was wearing a ski jacket and a heavy
wool sweater.  That was fine for the chilly walk from Penn Station,
but too warm for the expo floor.  Plan on taking advantage of the coat
check area.

Also wear comfortable shoes since you'll be on your feet all
afternoon.

Have fun.  I wish I could go again this year, but unfortunately it
looks like I'll be too busy at work to take a day off.  :-(

Walt