LeRoy Cressy on Sat, 3 Feb 2001 20:00:31 -0500

Re: [PLUG] programs are loaded but man pages are missing

Hi Sandy,
run
dpkg -S dpkg.8.gz

this will search for the package that contains the man page file for
dpkg.

now the contents of the dpkg package include the man pages for dpkg

Do you have the manpages package loaded?

If you are using the `potato' dist do you have the man-db package
loaded?
If you are using `slink' then you need the man pkg. and the nlsutils
pkg.
Also man depends on the groff pkg.

basic wrote:

> i have lots of programs loaded such as dpkg, but i do not have any man
> or info pages on them.
> does anyone have a similar problem?  does anyone have solutions?
> sandy

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:ldc@netaxs.com         /\_/\
                       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc   ( o.o )
                       Phone:  215-535-4037          > ^ <