Charles Stack on Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:35:14 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Computer Virus Warning

Dunno if its a coincidence...but VoiceNet just informed me that they have
contacted an individual on their network who is (hopefully was) infected
with the same virus.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Charles Stack
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 12:33 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Computer Virus Warning

Okay, then we can probably safely conclude that person is on this list.

Hopefully, the individual will realize that their system is infected and
deal with it accordingly.  Anybody running Windows without a virus scanner
has got to be out of their mind (or a personal firewall).  Since installing
BlackICE Defender on my laptop (which does, on occassion, connect directly
to the internet via a dialup), I detect an average of five (5) port scans
per evening and the occassion deliberate attack.  BlackICE seems to keep
them at bay...for now.

BTW, I've received similar messages from Canada (Quebec in particular) as
well in the past several weeks.  Perhaps this additional bit of info will
allow the person to realize its them that's infected.

Charles