Rupert Heesom on Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:40:13 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: Redhat 6.2 RPM upgrade

On 04 Feb 2001 16:32:42 -0500, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> Rupert Heesom <raheesom@navpoint.com> writes:
>
> Red Hat Linux 7 also includes newer version og glibc and many other
> libraries - upgrading just rpm is not sufficient.

I know; I got caught with the library dependancies when trying to
install first the RPM rpm, then the glibc etc rpms.

Are you saying that the best way forward for me is to upgrade to the
full RH7 package?

What's the best way of doing that and avoiding the gcc compiler without
the patch?
Since I have a broadband net connection, I would try to download the
rpms and install or burn a CD......

--
regs
rupert