Walt Mankowski on Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:00:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Need Virus Information

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:44:12AM -0500, Barry Spindler wrote:
> grepping my archive of this list for January brought up Walt Mankowski
> at that IP addr.

Hmm...I really doubt it's me.  It's been nearly a year since I sent an
email directly from a Windows box.  When I do, I'm putty'ed into a
unix shell account somewhere.  My desktop rarely boots into Windows
anymore.  My current uptime in Linux is over 19 days.

Also my netaxs account has a dynamic ip address.  Just because I had
that address back sometime in January doesn't mean I'm responsible for
the virus.  I get a new ip address everyday.

I do boot my laptop into Windows fairly frequently.  I've never even
configured email on that box, but I suppose it's possible it might
have gotten infected anyway.  So I just ran a virus scan -- nothing
found.

Interestingly, I haven't received any emails of this virus myself.

Walt