Daniel G Roberts on Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:00:14 -0500

[PLUG] IBM laptop and serial port troubles

Hello All

I have an IBM laptop with  a serial port com 1 under win98.
Under Linux I seem not to be able to open and or talk to the serial port at all.
Kudzu doesn't help and I can't find any reference to it in /var/log/msgs
When I try to use minicom on the port no matter where I point /dev/modem I never
manage to talk to the modem.

Anyone have any idea how I can get this serial port to get up and running??
Sincerely
Dan Roberts