Rupert Heesom on Wed, 14 Feb 2001 01:42:52 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Using dual Processors with VMware?

On 14 Feb 2001 00:12:03 -0500, Derek Wildstar wrote:
> OK that was confusing, it's late and been at work since 10am (it's
> midnight).  To sum up....I think a better fix would be a dedicated disk
> for each VM, and enough ram for each VM to be comfortable.  Another CPU
> wouldn't hurt, but i havn't tried it....and linux's multitasking is really
> quite good on my 700mhz laptop when windoze isn't accessing the disk.

Looks like your idea of a dedicated disk is a good idea!

I'm not yet sure though that more than 256Mb RAM is needed.  If I use
128Mb for LInux, 64Mb for Netware, 32Mb for NT4 (I have that currently,
seems to work OK), I would need a total of 225Mb.
However, the more RAM the better.......

Talking of RAM upgrades, do you know whether one can get a RAM module
"caddy".....an expansion board that can hold DIMM modules, and will
itself plug into the proper DIMM slot?
You know....something that can allow more than just the usual 3 DIMMs to
be used on one motherboard.   I remember seeing something like that for
using the 30pin SIMMs with a 72pin SIMM slot.

.......The other option is to sell old DIMMs on eBay!!

--
regs
rupert