multiple seriousity on Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:00:22 -0500

[PLUG] RAM? Places or people who SWAP/Trade?

Greetings,

  I was wondering if anybody out there knows a good place [or has a
bad experience with a place that does it that you want to warn me
about] that buys, trades, or swaps RAM -- or if anybody out there has
something that they can't use/dont need and might want to swap.

I *need* registered RAM and I will be getting unregistered RAM.

I would like to get a 256mb _registered_ DIMM pc100 (sometimes called
buffered, but that is not exactly right -- "buffered DIMMs" seem to refer
to EDO which is not what I am looking for.) I would be willing to trade
for registered RAM that is not 256, but I would prefer that. (I might be
able to to trade for larger unbuffered DIMMs as it would probably get me
closer to my goal, but don't quote me on that.)

What I have, or will be getting:several 64mb unbuffered DIMMs pc100 - I
MIGHT be able to get pc133's, or laptop suitable dimms, but I dont know
at this time, and would probably need to know soon to get them. These are
BRAND NEW, never used.

BTW, I just got a new power supply (my power supply blew up on thursday --
thankfully it didn't seem to damage my computer in the process.) 300watt
ATX for $27 (almost 29 with tax) -- I don't know if this is the greatest
price in the world -- but it was reasonable and matched one of the low
prices on pricewatch, and I was able to pick it up locally - I got it from
www.smartcomp-pa.com which is down in south philly and bensalem --
note: if you're looking for something - call them first -- I called
bensalem and got quoted their regular price of $35 and I called the south
philly location and got the $27 price quoted to me.  I'm in no way
affiliated --  I'm just happy to be back online and at a half-decent
price and didn't have to wait for, or pay for shipping, nor drive really
far.

Also a tip: if your power supply blows up, don't just throw it out... I
pulled the fan out of my old power supply and will be adding it to my case
shortly to improve airflow and cooling. (I might actually use part of the
old powersupply case, too, to eventually improve airflow in the new power
supply too.. but not for a while.)

And while I'm talking about creative reuse - just a note - I'm now
afiliated with an artists creative reuse 501(c)3 Non-profit organization
- we're also affiliated with a bunch of computer reuse organizations.
Right now we're seeking a space/facility to share. Any ideas? email me
privately, thanks, and http://www.slackware.com/~msimons/arts/reuse/
for more info.

--
msimons@slackware.com                              msimonsmail@yahoo.com