matty mo on Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:00:19 -0500

[PLUG] Re: linux newbie here

ok - here's what ended up happening:

On monday J. K. came over and we fussed around a bit
with the video card issue but ended up focusing mostly
on introducing me to some basic Unix vocab and
concepts.

On Tuesday Q. came over (turns out he lives right
around the corner more or less) and after looking
around in the existing install (Redhat 5.3?) we
decided to go ahead and install a more up to date
version of Mandrake. Lo and behold Mandrake recognized
the card and the install went off without a hitch.

Thanks J. and Q. and everybody else who offered
advice.

Matt

=====
. m@