Charles Stack on Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:31:21 -0500

[PLUG] IPTables and RH 7.1 (Fisher)

Okay...for the life of me, I can't get them to work.

making a call to #iptables -v returns the current version 1.2

making a call to #iptables -A INPUT -s 127.0.0.1 -p icmp -j DROP

returns a message saying the the "filter" table could not be initialized and
that I  may need to do an insmod, update my kernel, or update iptables.

doing an insmod returns an error that the device is busy and I've got
unresolved symbols..  A modprob indicates all is well.

I've rebuilt the kernel (2.4.0-99...something) and I've installed the latest
iptables code.  I've check the timestamps on the files.

And...yes...I've called #service ipchains stop  prior to trying to use
iptables.

Anybody have any ideas?

Charles