Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:50:16 -0500

[PLUG] compiling qt 2.3

	Did anyone successfully compile qt 2.3?  Mine failed.  I don't
ahve compiler errror.  I can get that if necessary.  I have a mandrake 7
install which does have a broken compiler, but I fixed that, incidentally,
I should recompile again b/c my copiler is still a non-portable, not that
I'd be copying it over anyway.  Anyway, I feel that the trouble is not
having the right, up-to-date libs.  So can anyone tell me what libs I
should get to make this baby work?  I figured configure would tell me,
but, no, it gave me no troubles.

	Why compile qt 2.3?  I like to do it, I'd like to learn the libs,
and I'm trying to compile kde as well.  Somehow I feel more secure if I
compile from source, though I should just get the rpm and be done w/ it.

Fred