Rupert Heesom on Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:40:21 -0500

Re: [PLUG] error msg compiling custom kernel

I managed to compile the kernel OK when I took the Firewalling out of the

kernel config.   The kernel then couldn't find my scsi controller (I
hadn't specified the low level
controller in the config....that's done & found on bootup.

Now the kernel kmod can't run modprobe.
The msg on startup is:

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-464c, errorno = 8.

In my messages log, I found the following line:
"modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt-464c"

When I boot using an older kernel, I can run the above line at a prompt
and it doesn't complain.

I can find the following modules on my system:
/lib/modules/fs/binfmt_aout.o, binfmt_java.o, binfmt_misc.o

Is binfmt-464c actually a valid module?  The naming convention doesn't
seem to match the others.
It looks more like a parameter to me..... "binfmt<space>-464c"

What going wrong at the bootup time?

--

regs
rupert