Gerald Neale on Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:00:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] South Jersey Linux User's Group alive and well.

> I would
> rather stop this debate on
> PLUG's list, since it has nothing to do with their
> group.
Yes. I agree. I think there are still some things that
need to be said so if there is a proper place for it
then this is probably it.

I remember in dealing with you that you really wanted
to be the founder and organizer of a LUG in South
Jersey. You were not able to do it. I remember that at
that same time I wanted to be a member of a LUG in
South Jersey. You were not able to provide an active
group for me.

Therefore I started a LUG myself. You wanted to help
out so you gave us your name and refered some people
to us. Thank you very much. But I suspected then and
know now that you were not simply being generous.
Turns out those people were all under the notion that
this was your group. They quickly realized that it was
not when you failed to show up for your own discussion
and never came back to a meeting.

I am not sore about that, you served yourself, but I
think you stepped out of line when trying to grab
credit for being a co-founder of our group on the PLUG
list. You asked for a public response with that
comment so I gave it to you.

You were not founder or co-founder of any LUG that has
taken root. So please don't portend it as so. It takes
more than ambition to run a LUG.

Jerry