Bob Razler on Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:40:16 -0500

RE: [PLUG] cheap boxes? really?

I build boxes for my friends and family for under $450 w/o a monitor.

Get an SiS all-in-one motherboard (LAN, Modem, Sound & Video) $80
They make them for both Intel and AMD

Celeron 733/800 or a Duron 800 for around $70

128 megs SDRAM	$90

5400 RPM 10-30 gig hard drive		$100

Generic CD-ROM	$30

Floppy	$10

Case	$40 (I use the enlite mid-tower w/300W PS)

You can get all this at one of the local PC shows.

Bob Razler