Lehman, Drew on Wed, 4 Apr 2001 17:00:15 -0400

[PLUG] RE: apache question

[snip]

  Running Apache/1.3.14

  i have a cgi directory

  ScriptAlias /boards/ "/var/www/wwwthreads/"

    that works fine if i give it the full path to the .pl

  http://www.domain.com/boards/index.pl

  but is doesnt work with just

  http://www.domain.com/boards/

  or

  http://www.domain.com/boards
[end snip]

  I'm not sure how you do this with Apache (I'm mainly an IIS guy), but what
you need to do is define an additional default page for your web.  Usually
you will have index.html set (and with IIS index.htm, default.htm,
default.html and default.asp).  You need to also define index.pl as a valid
default page for your web.  Keep in mind that the order will determine what
page is used if you have more than one that qualifies.

Drew Lehman
PANTUG Secretary