Michael Leone on Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:10:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Job Ops..

> On 04/06, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > I don't have any problem with job postings to the list, but can they
> > at least be for Unix/Linux jobs?  I think many of us got into Linux to
> > avoid most of the everyday NT tasks you listed.

Well, most places these days use multiple OSes (shoot, we have 5 OSes in use
here, and that's just the servers ... and we only have 60-70 people in the
company). Homogenous shops (i.e., only 1 OS in the whole company) are in the
minority, these days.

BTW ... I assume you mean "using NT to do these everyday tasks" - you still
need to do the tasks, whether with NT or Linux. :-)

So the vast majority of jobs will almost certainly expect at least some
familiarity with some other OSes than just Unix/Linux. Especially a
support/help desk position like this one, which does list Unix support,
amongst the NT tasks.