Jonathan Garsey on Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:41:51 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Odd mouse problem

Agreed. You may also want to review the linux man pages for "mouse". It may list additional protocols that may not be offered by XF86Setup.

LeRoy Cressy wrote:

This sounds like a X Free 86 configuration problem.

save your XF86Config File and run XF86Setup.  Play around with the mouse
settings for the most optimal setting.  Also note the original
settings.  Also looking at the mouse configurtion on NT may help in
diagnosing your problem.

Section "Pointer" Protocol "PS/2" Device "/dev/psaux" BaudRate 1200 Emulate3Timeout 50 EndSection

Make sure that the device and the protocol match your mouse.  Also you
might be having some problems with the BaudRate.

Eric Allan Lucas wrote:

I'm hoping someone has heard of something like this before.
SuSE 7.0 - running either Gnome or KDE2...  starts fine... then
suddenly the mouse goes nuts..  cursor won't leave the
lower left corner - boxes start poping up for options that
I did not click.  The SAME mouse works fine on NT 4.0 via
a KVM switch.  I even switched mice and got the same result.
If I ctl-alt-backspace and log in again, it works fine for
a brief time again... then the same thing.  Started
intermittently about 3 weeks ago.  Getting worse and worse.
Now it's barely usable.

I don't see anything in the logs.  Seems like a flaky
mouse port on the motherboard but how does THAT happen?

Any ideas before I start tearing the system apart?

Thanks

Eric Lucas