beldon on Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:50:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Kernel 2.4 under RH7

Just download any tarball from a kernel mirror (or use Darxus' dlkern utility).  Once you un-tar it, you need to edit the "Makefile" so that wherever it says "gcc" change it to "kgcc".  This is a RedHat-only thing since RH decided to ship with an unstable version of gcc.

After that, configure and compile as you would normally.

The latest RPM kernel (pre-compiled, but you still need to run LILO) is 2.2.17-14.