Rupert Heesom on Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:40:12 -0400

[PLUG] Can't create INIT RAMDISK

I'm trying to create an initial RAM-disk to make sure that a modular
scsi driver is working when I convert my system to use LVM.

I have the following error msg when I run mkinitrd -

    [root@NAV-111 /boot]# mkinitrd initrd-2.4.3.img 2.4.3
    All of your loopback devices are in use!

How do I sort this one out??  Are the loopback devices the IRQs?

I know I'm running more devices than I need to, like the kernel loads 2
USB drivers (usb-uhci & usbcore) which I don't use.

My /proc/devices file looks like -

Character devices:
  1 mem
  2 pty