Darxus on Tue, 1 May 2001 12:13:55 -0400

[PLUG] ping sonar screen saver thing is cool

A coworker just showed this to me.  There's a new screensaver mode called
sonar, which I believe is in the latest versions of both xlock and
xscreensaver (http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/).

sonar -mode ping -ping-file $HOME/.ssh/known_hosts

^ shows a sonar type display, with the "bogies" being the hosts listed in
the file, and their distance from you being their ping time.

It's neat.

The version of xscreensaver in debian stable seems to have it.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com