Eric Allan Lucas on Wed, 2 May 2001 06:30:25 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Fonts in Netscape

Tom, I appreciate the help.  That only makes the font bigger.
I need the font to VARY in size.

When I'm writing html and viewing it with netscape there is
no difference between <font size=0>this</font>
                  and <font size=+2>this</font>

Sorry if I was not too clear about the problem.

Eric

tom panzarella wrote:

> To increase the font size in Netscape you can edit your .Xdefaults file
> (located in the root of your home dir ... if it's not there, just create
> it) and add this line to it:
>
> Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement: 5
>
> The "5" is the scale, set this to whatever you want.  Then the next time
> you fire up X the Netscape changes should take.
>
> --t.
>
> Eric Allan Lucas wrote:
>
> > I've suffered long enough.
> > Netscape (4.73 running on SuSE 7.0) will not change font sizes.  It
> > pisses me off!
> > Believing that xfstt would take care of the problem, I installed it.
> > Netscape seems to ignore it.  So does everything else.  How can I get
> > more than the default fonts in Netscape and get the size to change?
> > I've tried the Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Fonts and while I can get
> > the fonts to change size by picking different fonts, it would be nice if
> > the d**n thing would respond to a simple size=+2 attribute.  Makes web
> > sites appear particularly bland to have every character the exact same
> > size.
> >
> > Any help/hints appreciated.
>
> --
> C-x C-c

#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
#  And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
#              -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.