MaD dUCK on Tue, 8 May 2001 18:39:00 -0400

Re: [PLUG] module-info file question

also sprach Jason Wertz (on Tue, 08 May 2001 06:26:41PM -0400):
> I'm speaking from a Red Hat based standpoint on this but I'm curious
> about a specific file in the /boot directory...

... which is RedHat specific. neither of SuSE, Debian, or Slackware
have them AFAICT.

> At what point is this file created and copied over to that directory
> (make modules_install?) or does it have to be copied over by hand?
> Reason being I recompiled a new kernel and at some point did
> something to be missing this file in that directory. I'm assuming if
> I have multiple 2.2.x kernels (and separate module directories for
> each kernel in /lib/modules) on my machine I need multiple
> module-info files.

when i was running RedHat (shame, shame on me), i had the same
question and there is no answer. the module_info file seems to be not
in the /usr/src/linux tree and I couldn't find out where else it came
from. anyhow, i am running a couple of RedHate systems still with
2.4.x kernels and i just deleted the module_info file. no problems...
but don't blame me if it doesn't work in your case.

1-800-psych
hello, welcome to the psychiatric hotline.
if you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5 and 6.