LeRoy Cressy on Thu, 10 May 2001 14:10:11 -0400

[PLUG] selinux

A little over a month ago the NSA released a new version of Linux called
selinux (Security Enhanced Linux).  This new version of linux includes a
new file system that includes an exhaustive set of file permissions
above rwx, access controls, and total control of suid and sgid.  From
what I have read so far there is no ``root'' account that has all power
over the system.  You can set up administrators to administor their
areas of responsibility without giving them access to the entire system

The selinux can be seen at http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

Have any of you looked an the copious government documentation or at the
source code and patches to the linux kernel and utilities?

This seems like an area that we might be interested in exploring

--
Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:lcressy@telocity.com   /\_/\
                       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc   ( o.o )