LeRoy Cressy on Fri, 11 May 2001 11:16:42 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DirectTV DSL Service...any thoughts?

If they are telocity, which I am now using, they will give you 3 static
ip addresses.  One for your firewall, adsl modem/router, and another for
the broadcast

You have to use dhcp to install the system, but you can remove it once
you have the ip addresses assigned to the router.  Also you can ask for
more ip addresses.

Charles Stack wrote:

> I did read their terms...they are very reasonable..didn't see anything
> hidden.
>
> But, I don't think they are using Verizon...as they give static IPs (guess
> dhcp'd ip that never expires).  I'm waiting to hear back from fast.net as
> well as for a little more money I can have 1.5 MB/s.

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:lcressy@telocity.com   /\_/\
                       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc   ( o.o )
                       Phone:  215-535-4037          > ^ <