info on Fri, 11 May 2001 22:54:15 -0400

[PLUG] syntax highlighting in gvim on linux

Perhaps this is a vim question more than a linux question, but I bet someone in this group may know the answer.  I installed vim 5.7 on the RedHat 6.2 distribution.  I tar'ed (-xvf) everything and ran "make install" from the /.  When I invoke gvim, my beloved graphical text editor comes up, but I can't figure out how to configure syntax highlighting?????  I set the $VIMRUNTIME variable to the appropriate directory as specified by the help file, but still no go?  Any ideas, help, advice, thoughts, emacs taunts, and suggestions most heartily welcome!

Take care,

Chuck

--
Chuck Boyce Technology