info on Sat, 12 May 2001 00:11:51 -0400

Re: [PLUG] syntax highlighting in gvim on linux

After eading this:

http://www.extension2.freeserve.co.uk/Howto/Vim-HOWTO.html#ss2.1

it occured to me that I did not have a .vimrc or a .gvimrc file in my /$HOME directory, as necessary.

I'm all hooked up now!  gvim with syntax highlighting on linux ROCKS!

On Fri, 11 May 2001, info@chuckboycetechnology.com wrote:

> Perhaps this is a vim question more than a linux question, but I bet someone in this group may know the answer.  I installed vim 5.7 on the RedHat 6.2 distribution.  I tar'ed (-xvf) everything and ran "make install" from the /.  When I invoke gvim, my beloved graphical text editor comes up, but I can't figure out how to configure syntax highlighting?????  I set the $VIMRUNTIME variable to the appropriate directory as specified by the help file, but still no go?  Any ideas, help, advice, thoughts, emacs taunts, and suggestions most heartily welcome!
>
> Take care,
>
> Chuck
>
> --
> Chuck Boyce Technology