ed nestor on Sun, 13 May 2001 00:41:10 -0400

[PLUG] rpm

I recently downloaded an RPM file -- "j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux-rpm.bin"-- from
javasoft.com.  When I try to install the package I get an error message that
says "does not appear to be an RPM package"

I do admit that it looks different than any RPM package that I have seen, most
end with *i386.rpm not *rpm.bin.  I have read all the documentation and cannot
find any info on RPM's that end with rpm.bin.

Does anyone know what this means?  Is there a special way to install it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,		-- Ed