James O. Chamberlain, Jr. on Sun, 13 May 2001 00:50:28 -0400

RE: [PLUG] rpm

Ed,

It is a shell script. Just mark it as executable and run it. It then will
show you some licensing stuff and ask if you accept or not. If you accept it
creates the rpm file.

Regards,

James

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of ed nestor
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 12:25 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] rpm

I recently downloaded an RPM file -- "j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux-rpm.bin"-- from
javasoft.com.  When I try to install the package I get an error message that
says "does not appear to be an RPM package"

I do admit that it looks different than any RPM package that I have seen,
most
end with *i386.rpm not *rpm.bin.  I have read all the documentation and
cannot
find any info on RPM's that end with rpm.bin.

Does anyone know what this means?  Is there a special way to install it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,		-- Ed