Gleeson, Francis (HT-EX) on Wed, 16 May 2001 12:34:44 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Curious hardware? issue

Title: RE: [PLUG] Curious hardware? issue

What is the make\model of IDE 0 master (Win98 drive)?
Are you sure it is jumpered as master and not cable select?
I have never had a problem with Maxtor drives not respecting
the master\slave jumper settings. Could you put/move a CDROM into
the IDE0 slave position? If windows works properly with a slave
attached, that should rule out any problems with the master drive.

If that works try taking the windows drive out make the maxtor the
IDE0 master keep the CDROM in and try to mount it. At this point you
will have verified that both drives can operate as master with the CDROM
as slave sharing the interface.