Gregory T. Weber on Wed, 23 May 2001 09:00:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL providers (was: Install)

Kevin Brosius wrote:

> This seems a little odd... Isn't Voicenet your ISP and Covad the line
> provider?  What does Voicenet have to say about this?
>
> Charles Stack wrote:
> >
> > What kind of DSL service were they providing to you?  Where are you located?
> >
> > cjs

I too was surprised to hear from Covad first.  The customer service rep that I
talked to at Voicenet confirmed what you'll read below. I am waiting for a call
back from the Voicenet DSL support folks. I think to talk about Verizon ADSL.
Here is the letter. On the back were some FAQs.

Dear DSL Customer,

Voicenet, your current Internet Service Provider (ISP), will no longer provide
your DSL services through Covad Communications as of June 16, 2001.  Because your
business is very important to Voicenet and Covad (the company who currently
provides your DSL line), we are working together to support your transition to a
Covad Partner who can support your Internet Service moving forward.

In conjunction with this effort, Covad has developed a special program called
Covad Safety Net, which will help you transition to an alternative service
provider.  The Covad Safety Net program is designed to make your transition as
easy as possible and to minimize and disruptions to your DSL service.

Beginning on May 16, 2001 you will have the opportunity to move your Covad DSL
line from Voicenet directly to Earthlink. In order to complete this transition in
time, please contract Earthlink - www.earthlink.net or 800-332-4892 immediately.
Keep in mind, that your transition must be completed by June 16, 2001 or you will
permanently lose your Covad DSL line.

Both Covad and Voicenet apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused
to you, but please be assured the Covad Safety Net waas designed to ease your
transition to a new ISP.  We at Covad thank you for your business look forward to
continuing to provide you with broadband services.

Thanks you