Stan Schwartz on Wed, 23 May 2001 09:00:06 -0400

[PLUG] Linux art tools and artists

I have played with GIMP (both to create art and develop plug-ins), am
currently learning Blender, and am in the midst of a career change from
expert system developer to conventional artist to graphic algorithm
designer/computational artist.   If you are a Linux user in the greater
Philadelphia area (presumably) and also have an interest in computational
and/or aesthetic applications of open-source tools to generate art or
2D/3D graphic effects (still, animated, and interactive), I would enjoy
exchanging ideas with you.  (If you don't share the art interest, but know
of someone else who does, I'd also appreciate if you could pass this
message along to them.)  I am not a subscriber to this list, but can
be reached through email, or any of the contact mechanisms listed at my
web site.

Thanks,
Stan
    *                                                      Stan Schwartz *
    *                                     stan@stanschwartzmeta-arts.com *
    *                             <http://www.stanschwartzmeta-arts.com> *
    * "Nothing is true and everything is permitted."                     *
    *  William Burroughs                                                 *
    * "All profoundly original art looks ugly at first."                 *
    *  Clement Greenberg                                                 *
    * "The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it."        *
    *  John Gilmore                                                      *