Bill Jonas on Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:00:06 -0400

[PLUG] Posting

Just a reminder, when you post to the list, be sure that your From:
header contains an email address that it subscribed to the list.
Otherwise, your email will be held for approval by Darxus or I.  This
*is* a feature. ;)  (I believe PLUG reached a consensus on this after
the list got spammed a few times.  Of course, it can be changed easily
if a different consensus is reached.)  If your message does get held for
approval, Darxus and I receive notification of pending administrative
requests once per day, in the morning.  So your message might be held up
from reaching the list for up to nearly 24 hours, depending on when it's
posted.

If you wish to post from multiple email addresses but only wish to
receive list mail at one of the addresses, simply subscribe to the list
from all the addresses from which you wish to post, then go into your
subscriber options and turn off mail delivery for all but one of your
email addresses.

Also note that the mailing list software (Mailman) considers
foo@bar.com, foo@mail.bar.com, and foo@baz.bar.com to all be different
addresses, so subscribe the address as it will appear in your From:
header.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin