epike on Thu, 7 Jun 2001 11:00:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Help needed with MySql database

Hi.

I'm not running RH7.1 but see if this helps:

if there is a file called /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld

try: /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start

if there is a file /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/Kxxmysqld

linked to ../init.d/mysql (where xx is a 2 digit number)

try renaming that to Sxxmysqld (dont copy! preserve
the links please) to make it permanent..

hope this helps

e pike