epike on Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:00:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Help needed with MySql database

> > try: /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start
> >

> Yes, there is that file, however when I run the command you suggest, I just
> get a command not found error...  Any other suggestions would be great!

oops that should be: /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start

and heres is what it should look like:

   [root@cave init.d]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start
   Starting MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]

also how many rpm files did you install, right
here (rh 7.0 I have):

    [root@cave init.d]# rpm -q -a | grep mysql
    php-mysql-4.0.3pl1-1
    mysql-devel-3.23.24-1
    mysql-server-3.23.24-1
    mysql-3.23.24-1
    [root@cave init.d]#

..can't think of anything else but that the database might
not be there as the other guy suggested.

e pike