mike_phillips on Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:20:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] dhcp

CONFIG_IP_PNP_DHCP is only for boot time dhcp. (i.e. when you need to be
allocated an ip before mounting a file system, nfs root etc.)

You don't need it to get regular dhcp working if you have a local
filesystem mounted at boot time. Several of the dhcp clients are really
fussy about connecting to different dhcp servers. What is possibly
happening is that the dhcp client (pump, dhcpcd, etc) doesn't like the
dhcp server (this is dsl !!) whereas the kernel dhcp client works with the
dhcp server.

Do you have to pass any special information to the dhcp server for the dsl
connection such as hostname that may be causing the problem.

Mike

LeRoy Cressy <lcressy@telocity.com>
Sent by: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
06/12/01 04:30 PM