Darxus on Tue, 19 Jun 2001 01:40:06 -0400

[PLUG] this past plug meeting & keysigning

I was rather impressed with how well our last meeting went.  We had 38
attendees (previous meeting was 40 inspite of:

* 1st meeting (ever, to my knowledge) outside of center city

* late confirmation of meeting location (I actually sent an announcement
  friday, but didn't notice I missed) - information didn't get out till
  wednesday morning.

* There was a really major basketball game that night (some people thought
  nobody would show up just because of this).

The keysigning went well (http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/).  We had 2
new participants, and 4 old.  The new ones were:

Kevin Mudrick (darkspur) <kevin@furhurts.com>
Michael Bevilacqua <michael@clockbot.net>

The old ones were:

Darxus <Darxus@ChaosReigns.com>
Michael C. Toren <mct@toren.net>
Michael J. Leone <userdude@yahoo.com>
Walter C. Mankowski <waltman@netaxs.com>

Mike Toren turned blue in the graph
(http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/phillylinux.jpg).  This colorization
was something I hardcoded into my graphing stuff when playing with the
debian keyring - it means the person has at least 9 signatures from
within the group (was the top 10% in the debian keyring, which is a much
larger group).

We were way overdue for a keysigning, the last one was 5 months ago.  This
was not due to lack of organization, but lack of new participants.  The
reason to do keysignings is to include new members in the web of trust.

So generate a keypair if you haven't already, mail me the public key,
and bring a verified fingerprint and photo-id to the next meeting.  There's
info on the previously mentioned url - http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/ -
I'll try to clairify more in the near future.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com