Beldon Dominello on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:10:05 -0400

[PLUG] Alpha Problem

I've just come into posession of a future collector's item-- an Alpha Station
200 4/166.  I've installed Debian (yeah-- becoming a convert slowly but
surely) but I can't seem to get X to start, no matter what settings I try.
It's got a TGA graphics card in it which, besides being able to do a 1200 x
1600 console screen, has not done anything to impress me (like running X) yet.

If anyone can give any clues and./or tell me what other graphics boards X
will work with (if TGA stands for Text Graphic Adapter or something) I'd sure
appreciate it.

Thanx!

--
"You are old," said the youth, "and your programs don't run,
	And there isn't one language you like;

"Since I never write programs," his father replied,
	"Every language looks equally bad;
Yet the people keep paying to read all my books
	And don't realize that they've been had."