Michael F. Robbins on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:18:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] X Window Smart Terminal?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=x+t
erminal

Take a look at the eBay auctions for X-Terminals.  Looks like they're going
at around $20 a piece.  Add a monitor and you're good to go.  Anyone know
about compatibility with a Linux/XFree86 based server?  I wouldn't think
that there'd be any problems (standard XDMCP, NFS, and BOOTP).

There's also a Diskless Nodes HOWTO, and a NCD X-Terminal mini HOWTO.
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Diskless-HOWTO.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/NCD-X-Terminal.html

I've been looking into this possibility a while...maybe I'll give it a go.
Good luck!

Michael F. Robbins
- mike@gamerack.com
- Need a Linux Sysadmin this summer?  E-mail me!