Adam Turoff on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:10:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] LINUX meetings at the Exton Library

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 01:42:03PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> > I can't imagine that FLP would be charging *more* than UofP; if money
> > is an issue, why can't everyone pony up $1 or $2 per meeting?  Or
>
> Why? Dunno. But you'll note that we never actually get around to collecting
> any dues, fees, etc. There's a reason for that - everytime it's mentioned
> (the last time was a few months back, at the Convention Center), it's
> somewhat emphatically turned down. Or was; perhaps now it will be different.

Given the choice betewen a free meeting space and a for-pay meeting
space, I'd take the free one.

Given the choice between a cheap for-pay meeting space and no meeting
space, I'd take the cheap for-pay one.

Let's not forget, if we're only talking about something like $50/month,
this is well within the realm of "[corporate] sponsorship".

Z.