Michael Leone on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:30:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] LINUX meetings at the Exton Library

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Turoff" <ziggy@panix.com>
To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] LINUX meetings at the Exton Library

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 01:42:03PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> > > I can't imagine that FLP would be charging *more* than UofP; if money
> > > is an issue, why can't everyone pony up $1 or $2 per meeting?  Or
> >
> > Why? Dunno. But you'll note that we never actually get around to
collecting
> > any dues, fees, etc. There's a reason for that - everytime it's
mentioned
> > (the last time was a few months back, at the Convention Center), it's
> > somewhat emphatically turned down. Or was; perhaps now it will be
different.

> Given the choice betewen a free meeting space and a for-pay meeting
> space, I'd take the free one.
>
> Given the choice between a cheap for-pay meeting space and no meeting
> space, I'd take the cheap for-pay one.
>
> Let's not forget, if we're only talking about something like $50/month,
> this is well within the realm of "[corporate] sponsorship".

If you know some company willing to financially/resourcefully sponsor us,
please have them contact ... I guess Darxus or Chris. They can then poll the
group, to see if the group wants to be sponsored by that entity.

FWIW, I'm already on record as being willing to pay a few bucks per meeting
to cover group expenses.