Joseph B. Welsh on Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:00:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Tisk tisk... newbie mistakes

Did you burn the image file to cd?

In other word when you do a dir listing on the cd is there just one big
file? (ex redhat-7.1-xxx.iso)

If this is the case you need to burn the "unpack" th iso file with a cd
burning utility that reads iso files.

In the Windows world I have used Adaptec Easy Cd Creator to burn the
image

In the linux world you need a program like cdrecord

The syntax for burning it in linux would be something like this

As root at the command line:

cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 /home/jwelsh/cdimages/Redhat7.1-disk1.iso

then you would get a bootable cd

Please note this works on my system, you need to put the parameter in
for your system

If you do a cdrecord --scanbus (as root) it will give you the dev entry
for your cd burner.

speed entry is simply the speed you wish to write.

last entry is just the location of the file you wish to burn.

Good luck

Joe Welsh