Walt Mankowski on Mon, 2 Jul 2001 20:40:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Tisk tisk... newbie mistakes

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:10:08AM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> It's not just the price for the cd, but I think the book that rh sells w/
> cd is worth the money.

Last I looked the text of the book, in HTML, was part of the Red Hat
distribution.

Another alternative to downloading ISO images is Cheapbytes
(www.cheapbytes.com).  They sell CD's with the ISO images of major
Linux distributions for barely more than the cost of materials.
They'll ship you RH 7.1 for just $8.49.  That's $3.49 for the 2-CD
set, plus $5.00 for shipping.

The $5.00 sounds like a lot, and I suppose it is.  Apparently they're
making their money by rounding up to the nearest pound for shipping
costs.  You can actually order up to 18 CD's and still be charged just
$5 for shipping.

I've order a bunch of stuff from Cheapbytes and never had a problem.
For those of us without burners or DSL lines it's a pretty good deal.

Walt

> I'm saying that either way is ok.

Indeed.

Walt