Darxus on Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:40:11 -0400

[PLUG] more info for the letter to usip.edu (Fwd: Re: linux user group meeting at usip.edu ?)

----- Forwarded message from Guillermo Moyna <g.moyna@usip.edu> -----

Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:34:40 -0400
From: Guillermo Moyna <g.moyna@usip.edu>
To: Darxus@chaosreigns.com
Subject: Re: linux user group meeting at usip.edu ?

Hi,

>Should I make up letterhead for plug ?  Should I use my company's
>letterhead ?

I think either one is fine - Whatever is easier.

>Are you saying there are people in these other departments interested in
>PLUG meetings being held there, or that I have to find more who are
>interested ?  If you know of any, could you tell me who ?

Actually, I have already talked with these folks, and they told me
they are interested in PLUG holding meetings here. So don't worry, no
one to contact. Just add something like:

"Dr. Guillermo Moyna, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
informed me that both him and several other faculty members in his
Department and in the Department of Mathematics, Physics, and
Computer Science are very interested in the possibility of having USP
as the hosting institution of PLUG meetings."

Tweak this as needed, but something like that should be fine. If
needed (I doubt it...), I can also prepare and "endorsement letter"
with signatures from different faculty members.

>Thank you very much for your assistance.  I'm in a bit of a rush to
>leave at the moment, so there may be more later.

No problem - Hope we can have you guys here, as it would be a great
way of finding LINUX gurus! I already have had several occasions in
which I wished I had someone more knowledgeable than myself to reach
out to (particularly after a couple of kernel updates gone sour...).

Cheers,

Guillermo

+==================-------------- --- -- -  -    -     -
Guillermo Moyna, PhD
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495

  "The only existing things are atoms and empty space.
   All else is mere opinion" - Democritus, 370 B.C.

Office: Grifith Hall 360
Phone:  (215) 596-8526
Fax:    (215) 596-8543
e-mail: g.moyna@usip.edu