Darxus on Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:37:14 -0400

[PLUG] internet access at the next plug meeting

Bring your laptop, lots of ethernet cable, and maybe a switch/hub.
Set your laptop up to use DHCP to get an IP:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/DHCP/x74.html

----- Forwarded message from Guillermo Moyna <g.moyna@usip.edu> -----

Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:35:04 -0400
From: Guillermo Moyna <g.moyna@usip.edu>
To: Darxus@chaosreigns.com
Subject: Re: internet connection

No problem - Bring as many gizmoes as possible!

In know that in RH 101 there is at least one internet hook-up. If you
guys bring a couple of hubs, CAT-5 patches (I can provide/make some),
and laptops, I'm pretty sure that we can get everyone hooked-up. The
USP network works with DHCP, so there's no problem with IP addresses
(actually, I have all my machines working with static IP's to use NSF
easily, but DHCP is easier if you are roaming around with a
laptop...).

Additionally, the room next door, RH 102, which will be available
during the summer (I would have to check for the rest of the
meetings), has data hook-ups on every seat (!). I never used them,
but I could try them out with our laptop on Monday, and I'll let you
know if they work properly.

Have a good weekend,

Guillermo

----- End forwarded message -----