gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 7 Jul 2001 11:10:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] HTML editor for Linux

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 07:11:04AM -0400, Bob Razler wrote:
> 	Pardon my ignorance, but can't you use FrontPage to edit the
> pages if you install Apache with the FrontPage extensions installed?

Only if you have a Windows machine on which to run FrontPage.

Anyway, FrontPage (HTML, as opposed to just the server side)
extensions are a REALLY bad idea, as only MSIE will render them.

FrontPage server side (as opposed to just HTML) extensions are
probably a bad idea, as allowing access into your machine through so
insecure a channel as even HTTPS really is just isn't a good thing.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net