Beldon Dominello on Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:20:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] HTML editor for Linux

On Friday 06 July 2001 11:26, you wrote:
> On Friday July 06, 2001 10:48 am, you wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 07:38:00AM -0700, beldon@speakeasy.net wrote:
> > > "YES, THERE IS A GREAT WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR FOR LINUX!
> >
> > As if emacs and/or vi weren't all the HTML editor anyone would ever
> > need!
> >
> > Walt, ducking...
>
> I prefer Quanta a HTML editor for KDE.
> Pretty nifty and it includes a PHP3 debugger, and css editor.
>
> And for those who have the RAM and the horse power Star Office has a really
> nice WSIWYG html editor.
>
> Just remember though, what you see is NEVER what you really get when it
> comes to HTML.  Never under-estimate the power of nutscrape/mozzila to
> screw up basic html and css.

I agree about StarOffice (although I got a very negative reaction from
someone at a meeting for saying so).  I've also been mucking about with
Quanta and it is very nice.  That is, in fact, the two things i use.

However, I was also not aware of the existence of WebSphere for Linux.

And, it could be argued that neither StarOffice or Quanta are truly "World
Class" at the moment-- although at least one of them promises to be.

--
The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it.
		-- Abbie Hoffman