Bradley Molnar on Fri, 6 Jul 2001 21:45:51 -0400

RE: [PLUG] internet access at the next plug meeting

I have a 5 port hub and a 5 port switch -- and, lots of cable (some 35+
ft. - only 2 of which are being used).  I also have several wavelans, but,
SuSE 7 complains when it is pulled out and I am too lazy to reset up the
networking, so, I usually just reboot it to restart the PCMCIA, but, I
should be able to bring an extra one as well as my regular network card.  I
have a Lucent RG-1000, but, it is attached to a DSL and cannot be moved at
the moment (I may be able to bring it in the fall).  I'll bring my Wavelan
CD just in case some other want to play.

Just so I know, will be maimed for bringing a computer that is not yet
running linux?  It is currently running Win2K but will be reformatted as
soon as I finish with my powerbook (if anyone has ever set up wavelans on a
powerbook under linux, please let me know).

-brad

--
Have I got a long way to run -- Collective Soul