Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:20:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] more meetings ?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 02:15:00PM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> I think maybe having a plug meeting at netaxs every month or two (in
> addition to meetings at USP) might be good.  What do you think ?
> [...]
> I'm suggesting having a trial meeting, maybe in August, in addition
> to the regular meeting on the 1st wednesday of the month.  I would
> personally strongly prefer that it not be on a wednesday (cuts into my
> clubbing schedule).
>

> It should not be the first week of the month - too close to the meeting
> on the 1st wednesday.  It probably shouldn't be 3rd week of the month,
> as long as pads (http://www.cjfearnley.com/pads/) continues.
>

> My vote is for thursday, the week after the scheduled plug meeting (8/9).
> Unless pads continues to not happen, in which case I'd suggst the thursday
> 2 weeks after the scheduled plug meeting (8/16).
>

> This, in my opinion, depends on someone volunteering to do a presentation
> at this second plug meeting of the month, at netaxs.

What was that game Kirk proposed in that ST:OS game to confuse the bad
guys? ;-)

Anyway, we've had some very good presentations, but also some kind of
lack-luster ones. I wonder if there's a non-offensive way to just do
two shorter presentations per meeting and keep meetings to once a
month (for maximal networking value, event value, and so forth).

If someone is truly an expert on a topic s/he might take the whole
hour. But for the presentations that are just showing us stuff someone
taught themselves in an evening, perhaps we could encourage people to
be more organized and efficient with their time and thus all of us get
twice as much.

I like the range of presentations, but sometimes they fill an hour
only because we have an hour to fill.

Yes, I'm wearing my asbestos undies. ;-)

--
 Jeff