Darxus on Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:20:08 -0400

[PLUG] more meetings ?

I think maybe having a plug meeting at netaxs every month or two (in
addition to meetings at USP) might be good.  What do you think ?

This is based on:

* The meeting at Netaxs went very well - excellent turnout, especially
  considering complications (it seems more convenient for a number of
  people)
* We've got presentations scheduled till 2002 (we have enough) - I actually
  heard it suggested that we are planning presentations too far in advance
* We've had a good number of people showing up to meetings (40)

I'm suggesting having a trial meeting, maybe in August, in addition
to the regular meeting on the 1st wednesday of the month.  I would
personally strongly prefer that it not be on a wednesday (cuts into my
clubbing schedule).

It should not be the first week of the month - too close to the meeting
on the 1st wednesday.  It probably shouldn't be 3rd week of the month,
as long as pads (http://www.cjfearnley.com/pads/) continues.

My vote is for thursday, the week after the scheduled plug meeting (8/9).
Unless pads continues to not happen, in which case I'd suggst the thursday
2 weeks after the scheduled plug meeting (8/16).

This, in my opinion, depends on someone volunteering to do a presentation
at this second plug meeting of the month, at netaxs.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com