Darxus on Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:00:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Yesterday's meeting...

I started counting attendees in april of 2000.  The previous record
was 44, february 2001.  Last night we had 48 attendees (not counting
the baby).  Does anybody think we've ever had that many before I started
counting ?  The only possibility I can think of is ESR's presentation
at the cyberloft, which was absolutely packed, but a *much* smaller place.

For those who weren't there, the meeting space is beautiful.  A lecture
hall with seating for about 90, with working ethernet (DHCP + internet)
and electrical jacks at *every* seat (room 102).  Really *big* computer
projector.  It was good.

The projector in 102 was working fine until shortly before we got to
actually using it.  Then the power supply or something died.  Guillermo
got 101 unlocked, and we all went next door.  Definately tighter
space (capacity = ~50), but I think we fit fine.  And it has the same
presentation hardware (but no jacks at each seat).

The keysigning went well.  3 new people - the most since last october.
3 existing participants.  Going to be sending out instructions to new
people soon.

Afterward, we went to "The Wurst House", at 43rd and Baltimore.
Small place.  Pizza, hoagies, cheese steaks, beer, etc..  Those who
went fit.  It was good.  Even though the really cold water from an air
conditioner kept leaking on my shoulder.  Argh.  COLD.

Overall, I think the whole thing went excellently.  And I expect this
to continue.  I think we're going to continue to be meeting in room 102,
and there is lots of extra space for more people.

Guillermo said USP is currently very interested in technology, and as a
result, our request for meeting space was well recieved.  I think this is
an excellent relationship for both PLUG and USP.

There are pictures.  I have yet to recieve copies.  They'll go up on the
website when I get them.

We talked more about about having a second meeting in september at netaxs.
But that's... another thread.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com